Monday, August 21, 2017

Lift Me Up Greeting Card

Hello fellow stampers and welcome!

I had a wonderful weekend! I got to spend time with my Mom and a few of my stamping friends in Victoria.  What is better than spending time with Mom and friends?  Getting time to play with stamps, ink and paper too! Whoo-hoo!

The other reason I got so excited is because my mom wanted to make a card for each of our friends we would be spending crafting time with (you see my mom is a fibre artist, not a paper crafter - so this is a big thing for me! Yahoo Mom!) So, my mom actually made a set of cards and I want to share it with you today.  It is also a really fun and easy card to recreate, so I hope you give it a try!
Card front

Close-up of greeting banner

Close-up of bird detail

Inside of card
Have a wonderful week!








Stampin' Up! Supplies Used:
Tips and Tricks to recreate my mom's card:
Cut:
Fresh Fig cardstock for card base:  11" x 4 1/4"
Island Indigo cardstock mat:  
DSP card mat:
Lemon Lime Twist cardstock greeting strip:  1" x 4"
Scrap of Tangerine Tango
Next:
1. Die cut two small birds from the Birds and Blooms Thinlits die set from the centre of the Island Indigo cardstock mat.
2.  DIe cut one bird from the Tangerine Tango cardstock.
3.  Use your Banner Triple punch to put the tails out of one end of the Lemon Lime Twist cardstock.
4.  Using Island Indigo ink, stamp your greeting onto the Lemon Lime Twist strip.
5.  Trim the stamped strip down to 3 1/4" from the straight side.
6.  Wrap the Whisper White bakers' twin around the end of the strip three (3) times as show in photo and tie a knot.  Trim ends.
7.  Glue the DSP to the Island Indigo cardstock mat.
8.  Glue your matted piece to your cardstock base.
9.  Attach your Lemon Lime Twist greeting strip to the card as shown in photo with Stampin' Dimensionals.
10.  Glue the Tangerine die cut bird to the Island Indigo die cut bird offsetting them a bit to create a shadow.
11.  Glue this bird down onto your card front as shown in photo.
12.  Stamp inside of card using either Island Indigo or Fresh Fig ink (your choice!).
13.  Glue the remaining Island Indigo bird to the inside card piece.
14.  Glue your inside card mat to the inside of your card.
15. Sign your card. Put into an envelope and send to someone you love!
Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment