Monday, September 26, 2016

Cookie Cutter Christmas Reindeer

Hello fellow stampers!
Sorry I missed the Blog Hop deadline, but I am posting my Christmas card for the Seashore Stampers Blog Hop today!


My card for the hop is my rendition of a very cozy Miss Reindeer who sending out warm heartfelt greetings.


Here are a couple of closeups:



And here is the inside - very simple and easy:


Hope you enjoyed my share today. Have a wonderful day.  use the buttons below to take you back or forward in the hop:

Erica's
Adrienne's

Here are the Stampin' Up products I used for this card:

If you wish to recreate this card, here are some tips: 

Cardstock:
Card base: Cajun Craze cut at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Mat:for embossing: 1/4 sheet (5 1/2" x 4 1/4") - emboss in cable knit Textured Impression Embossing Folder
Mat: Whisper white 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
Inside of card: Whisper White 5 1/4" x 4" Scrap Whisper White for stamping and punching out your Reindeer
Another Scrap Whisper White for greeting on front of card
Scrap of Flirty Flamingo for punching out the 2" circle
Stamping: Stamp reindeer image and greeting with Cajun Craze ink. I then used my black Stampin' Up marker to color in the eyes.
I used my blender pen to pull in the color from the stamped image of the reindeer.
Then I covered the reindeer with glue and applied Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.
Accessorized the card:
I used 6" of the burlap ribbon and 6" of the Victorian Lace Ribbon.
Wrapped ribbon to backside of Cable embossed matting.
When using the Cable Knit Embossing Folder, I first sprayed both sides of my cardstock with plain water just to dampen the cardstock - it made the impression of the cables that more pronounced!
I also punched a scrap 1" circle out of Whisper White to place my copper thread onto which I then sandwiched to the back of the reindeer.
I popped up Ms. Reindeer and the greeting with Stampin' Dimensionals.
I then put on several Pearl Basic Jewels to dress up the card front (I even placed a tiny pearl into the tiny red heart on the greeting).
Last but not least, I stamped my greeting for the inside of the card using Cajun Craze.

1 comment: