Saturday, October 1, 2016

Happy World Card Making Day!

Hello fellow stampers!



I hope you all have had a wonderful day!
As it is International Card-making Day - I wanted to share the following cards with you that I made with my stamping buddies.
Enjoy!




Stampin' Up Products used:
P.S.  I also used the leaf vine from the stamp set "Designer Tin of Cards" (item 141739) and I used Mint Macaron ink (item 138326).  On some of the cards I first stamped the leaf vine lightly off onto scrap paper before I stamped it onto my punched out greeting, which gives you a lighter image.
Also, to celebrate the occasion, Stampin' Up is having a sale from October 1st to October 5th on the following products:


Helpful tips for you to recreate today's card:
Card base: Very Vanilla cut 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Card mat:  Cajun Craze cut 5 1/4" x 4"
Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut 5" x 3 3/4"
Burlap Ribbon cut 3" and then folded in half (I used Fast Fuse to glue the ends together - and keep them together without undoing!)
Punch: To save cardstock, before I glued the Cajun Craze mat to my card base, I first punched the Decorative Lable out from the matting (the hole will be hidden by the DSP).
Next:

  • I then first inked by greeting onto a scrap strip of Very Vanilla and then lined up the Decorative Label Punch to punch out the saying.
  • I cut the punched Cajun Craze from corner to diagonal corner while being careful to keep all the pieces together right side up and in the same place before cutting - otherwise you will end up with wonky pieces that won't match up when you attach them to the backside of the punched and stamped greeting.  The reason for cutting the Cajun Craze punched piece into 4 is so that you spread each cut piece apart a wee bit as you attach each piece to it's related cousin of the Very Vanilla punched greeting.  Look at the photos to see what I am writing :)
  • Appy the ribbon accent piece to the backside of the put together punched greeting.
  • Apply your Stampin' Dimensionals to your assembed art greeting and apply to your card wherever you please!

Now, give your handmade card to someone special! 


No comments:

Post a Comment