Monday, October 17, 2016

Petals & Paisleys - A Little Thanks

Hello and welcome back to my blog.

Today I am sharing another card using the Paisleys & Posies stamp set.  This time I played with the Paisley Framelits dies too!  I really enjoy creating with this set. Hope you find some inspiration for yourself!

Front of card


Closeup


Another Closeup
Inside



Thank you for stopping by today and have a wonderfully creative day!







Stampin' Up! products I used for this card:



Tips to recreate this card yourself:

Cut Cardstock:
Very Vanilla 11" x 4 1/4" for base of card; and one piece 5 1/4" x 4" for inside of card
Cajun Craze cut 5 1/4" x 4" for matting
Petals & Paisleys Specialty DSP cut 5" x 3 3/4"
Scraps of Very Vanilla, Mint Macaron, Cajun Craze Rich Razzleberry and Crushed Curry for your punched or die cut pieces (see closeup photo of card)

Tips:
1.  die cut your paisley piece from the Cajun Craze mat piece - it will be covered with the DSP
2. Glue/tape one end of the ribbon around your DSP to the backside of the DSP and then slide the diecut Cajun Craze paisley piece through the ribbon and then secure the other end of the ribbon to the backside of your DSP.  This way you can manipulate the paisley piece into place and use the multipurpose liquid glue to secure the piece to your card.
3.  Stamp and then punch out your greeting (I used Cajun Craze and Mint Macaron inks and the Decorative Lable punch).
4.  Secure the sentiment piece underneith your ribbon.
5.  Arrange all the rest of your die cut pieces as shown in the picture or create your own arrangement!
6.  I also stamped one of the small butterflies from the Papillon Potpourri set with Macaron Ink and then punched out with the Bitty Butterfly punch.  (I also punched the butterfly again using a scrap of Calyso Coral cardstock, but you can also use a scrap of the Cajun Craze.  I then attached the solid punched butterfly to the backside of the stamped butterfly down the centre spine only of the butterfly so the wings stay 3 dimensional.  This unit I then attached to my card again by only applying glue to the spine of the butterfly.
7.  I then added some of the Gold colored Metallic Enamel shapes to my card.  You could always use rhinestones or pearls if you wish.
7.  Last, I decorated the inside of my card as shown - you can decorate the inside of your card any way you please!




1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had some great fun using you Paisley Framelits! Love you wrapped the paisley frame around the ribbon. TYFS

    ReplyDelete